Batman: The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale

 Summary

Batman: The Long Halloween, by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale, is a comic book. The main character, Batman, is trying to solve a murder with commissioner Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent. There are murders of people who work for the two main crime lords of Gotham, Salvatore Maroni and Carmine Falcone, but they are only murdered on holidays. At first they thought that the killer was a member of the two crime lords trying to assassinate each other, but later on they think it is the Joker. The Joker being crazy clown, made sense to Batman that he would commit all these murder. The killer was the complete opposite of the Joker, they were mysterious and careful with what moves they made. After a bunch of attacks, Harvey Dent got attacked and died. Thats what everyone thought, but he was rushed to the hospital in time to stay alive. One night he escaped the hospital and became the villain Two Face. Batman and Jim Gordon think that it is Two Face when he was still Harvey Dent. This made sense because he was a District Attorney, and if he wasn't careful then he could have lost his job. Batman and Jim Gordon talk to Two Face and realize its not him. They have no leads, so they meet up with Calendar. Calendar, who is in Arkham Asylum, can see the future. Batman goes there to talk to him and ask him when the nest attack will be, and Calendar said the next holiday. This is how the murderer gets the name Holiday. Batman and Jim Gordon work together to find Holiday, but Batman finds Holiday on his own. He goes after Holiday, but you will have to read the book to find out what happened.

Review

As a comic book and Batman fan I enjoyed this book. I had trouble figuring out who Holiday was, which made me want to continue reading the book. When I found out who Holiday was I was in shock. This is a great comic book.

Rating

I rate this book a 8.9/10 because I really love reading comic book, and thought this one was great. It shows how great of a detective Batman is. I recommend this book to people who are into comics, mystery, and superheros.






Comments

  1. Nice blog! I haven't read the book but I've seen the movie adaptation and I agree that it's really good. I liked how the story hinted at one character being Holiday, but then it was actually someone else, which I thought was really interesting and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review! I liked how you were able to portray your own opinion of the book in not a lot of words. Also, I liked how you were able to build suspension and leave the author on a cliffhanger making them want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review. I have read this comic before and I loved it. the way you describe the comic is exactly how I would do it. I also liked how you made sure not to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read the book yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, this book sounds dark. I think you did very nicely in telling us about it, hyping it up, and giving us an honest review. I've read a few of the previous Batman comics, and have enjoyed most of them so far. I might give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment