Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

 



 Summary

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by J.K. Rowling, is a fiction book. The main character of this book is Harry Potter. He is an orphan and lives with his uncaring uncle, aunt, and cousin. When he turns eleven he finds out that he is a wizard and is accepted to Hogwarts. Hagrid takes him shopping for his wand and school supplies. When he gets to Hogwarts, he and his classmates are divided into 4 groups: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Harry is a Gryffindor and meets his closest friends Hermione and Ron. At Hogwarts, he receives an invisibility cloak that his father left for him and becomes the star of the quidditch team. He is tasked with protecting the Philosopher's stone from Professor Quirell or Voldemort.


Review

I think that this is a great book. J.K. Rowling did a great job of setting up the wizarding universe in this book. I have read this series before and enjoyed it. This book has a lot of cliffhangers that make you want to keep reading. When I first read this book I was intrigued by quidditch and the concept of the mirror that shows you what you want to see. 

Rating

I rate this book an 8.6/10. This is because even though this is a good book I like some of the other books in the series better. My rating would have probably been higher back when I was in elementary school, but I still enjoyed the way J.K. Rowling set up the characters, setting, and the wizarding universe for the books that come after. I would recommend this book to people who haven't read the Harry Potter series yet.



Comments

  1. I agree with this review. The 8.6/10 is perfect, and I like how you mentioned you would of liked it as younger person, and I agree. I love the newer books, especially because of their more mature themes. You can tell that J. K. Rowling was writing to kids here, and it kinda gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This review is very good. I have read this book many times and I agree that it is was more enjoyable back when I was younger. I have also watched the movie many times before and I also loved it. I would love to see a comparison of the book and the movie to see if there are any differences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam, great review! It's nice to see people reading the books I read in my childhood, and even though it's an old series, its a classic. I agree that it was better book when we were younger, and I guess growing up just makes you look at a book differently. Even so, this book will always mean something to me in my first years of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was personally my favorite Harry Potter book. It balanced the mystique of being a new world with fantastic pacing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment